Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA)
Welcome to Penketh South's PTFA.
Our PTFA consists of parents, carers, staff and friends of Penketh South who have come together to raise funds to help promote and enhance the children's education and enjoyment of school. Each year we pledge a certain amount of money to school based on the needs identified by the head teacher and the staff.
The PTFA is involved in a range of activities including:
- Raising funds to help the school provide additional resources for the children
- Organising fundraising events for parents and children
- Subsidising special events
- Organising half-termly meetings to ask parents how the PTFA can help the school
However, our PTFA is not just about fundraising. It also exists to provide closer links between home and school, and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents, and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal.
Over recent years, the PTA have raised funds for:
- New reading books
- Young Voices t-shirts (for the choir)
- Y2 and Y6 subsidised SAT revision books
- Classroom funds
- ‘Talk to me’ Gingerbread Men for the children and staff to wear to encourage children to talk about their feelings
- A chill-out zone
Meet the PTFA:
- Emma Fung (Chair)
- Jennie Riley (Treasurer)
- Becky Hennessy & Heather Massey (Co. Secretaries)
- Donna Smith (Grant Funding Officer)
The PTFA runs a number of fundraising events throughout the school year. It relies on donations for raffles and auctions; parents giving up their time to help out; and families attending these events. The PTFA are very grateful for any support that parents, carers and friends are able to give. These events will include:
- Halloween Disco (October)
- Christmas Fair (December)
- Valentine’s Disco (February)
- Easter Bingo (April)
- Summer Social (June/July)
The PTFA are always looking for more volunteers to join us and help out at events. We usually have one meeting per half term so if you would like to know more, please feel free to come along to the next meeting. We are always happy to see new faces at these meetings, but it is not a stipulation that you attend. However, your help with ideas for events, prizes, 'freebies' from your companies or use of any skills you may be able to offer (e.g. painting, sewing, joinery, gardening) is welcomed and appreciated.
You can contact the PTFA on:
- Twitter: @PTApenkethsouth
- Email: email@example.com
Monday 17th April (3:30pm-4:30pm)